Who we are
TEDD enriches local communities by helping to grow local businesses through planning and resource development
The Tri County Economic Development District (TEDD) helps communities and businesses thrive. We believe that the quality of life for every resident of Northeast Washington is enhanced when businesses are strong and well supported. That is why we work with local businesses, communities, and other organizations in Ferry, Pend Oreille, and Stevens counties to help develop a stable and diverse economy that is rich in family-wage jobs.
By maintaining local and regional plans; TEDD ensures the wealth of resources, programs, and services to support business development, expansion, and recruitment will make life better for everyone who lives here.
What we do
Tri County Economic Development District provides a variety of programs and services to support local communities, businesses and other organizations in the three-county service area:
- Tri County Economic Development District, established in 1969, is a federally designated Economic Development District of the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration (EDA). As part of our contract with EDA, we are required to create and update a Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) for the region.
- Our Rural Opportunities Loan Fund (ROLF) program provides term debt financing for start-up and existing businesses in our three-county region, as well as seven other eastern Washington counties.
- Associated Development Organization (ADO) – Ferry and Stevens Counties have designated Tri County Economic Development District as the agency responsible for implementing the Associated Development program through the Washington Department of Commerce. Primary responsibilities include business recruitment, expansion and retention, and assisting startup-up businesses.
- Northeast Washington Regional Transportation Planning Organization (NEW RTPO) is responsible for long-range multi-modal transportation planning for the three counties.
- Tri County Economic Development Corporation (TC EDC) is a non-profit corporation that was created in 2011 as a supporting component organization in order for TEDD to obtain eligibility for certain grants and other funding opportunities.