What We Do
Tri County Economic Development District provides a variety of programs and services to support local communities, businesses and other organizations in the three-county service area:
- Tri County Economic Development District, established in 1969, is a federally designated Economic Development District of the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration (EDA). As part of our contract with EDA, we are required to create and update a Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) for the region. Read our current CEDS.
- Our Rural Opportunities Loan Fund (ROLF) program provides term debt financing for start-up and existing businesses in our three-county region, as well as seven other eastern Washington counties. Read more here.
- Our Business Incubator located in Colville, Washington provides business support services, counseling and education for clients who reside in the incubator.
- Associated Development Organization (ADO) – Ferry and Stevens Counties have designated Tri County Economic Development District as the agency responsible for implementing the Associated Development program through the Washington Department of Commerce. Primary responsibilities include business recruitment, expansion and retention, and assisting startup-up businesses.
- Northeast Washington Regional Transportation Planning Organization (NEW RTPO) is responsible for long-range multi-modal transportation planning for the three counties. Read more here.
- Tri County Economic Development Corporation (TC EDC) is a non-profit corporation that was created in 2011 as a supporting component organization in order to for TEDD to obtain eligibility for certain grants and other funding opportunities.